Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To tune or not to tune... that is the question...

+5
Great White
Boss281
Silverstang
TT_05_Stang
Chris_5.0
9 posters

Go down

To tune or not to tune... that is the question... Empty To tune or not to tune... that is the question...

Post by Chris_5.0 Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:34 pm

Hey Guys,

Alright, I'm looking for some advice. I've heard both ends of the spectrum and I'm eager to hear what you guys have to say about whether or not to get a tune for a '06 V6. I just put true duals on with an x-pipe (didn't mess with the cats) and a BBK Cold Air Intake. (the one that does not require a tune)

Having this in mind, would it be worth my time to get the car tuned? Or to invest in a tuner from AM like a DiabloSport or something like that? Any kind of input would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Chris
Chris_5.0
Chris_5.0
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1100
Registration date : 2009-10-10

http://lnkd.in/icRUbA

Back to top Go down

To tune or not to tune... that is the question... Empty Re: To tune or not to tune... that is the question...

Post by TT_05_Stang Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:51 pm

SCT tuner all the way. Way more tuners out there. And yes... a tune will gain you some.
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5329
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

To tune or not to tune... that is the question... Empty Re: To tune or not to tune... that is the question...

Post by Silverstang Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:21 pm

I second the SCT Tuner....You have a long list of places to get tunes (Bama, Brenspeed, AM, and so on) Also you have shops locally that use SCT.
Silverstang
Silverstang
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_5.0 Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:22 pm

anybody recommend any shops? just like anyone else, i'm on a low budget lol
Chris_5.0
Chris_5.0
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1100
Registration date : 2009-10-10

http://lnkd.in/icRUbA

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverstang Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:54 pm

I think JJ at woodbine motor sports is not far from your neck of the woods.
Silverstang
Silverstang
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Boss281 Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:13 pm

The exhaust, not affected by tune. BBK throttle body, yeahhhhh, despite what BBK might say.

JJ at Woodbine Motorsports handles all tuning for my Mustangs.

SCT Tuner.
Boss281
Boss281
Geek Stangs
Geek Stangs

Number of posts : 1719
Registration date : 2007-12-06

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2059455

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:12 pm

Chris, I have heard good things about the SCT Tuner from american muscle, plus it comes with free lifetime upgrade tunes. I know a guy who just put the BBK CAI and SCT tune on his otherwise stock V6 and he said that it is like night and day!

James
Great White
Great White
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 2514
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by alkemist Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:47 pm

I got my tunes and tuner from Brenspeed. I enjoy my tunes from them and has great support.
alkemist
alkemist
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2010-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by RTW0223 Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:50 pm

i know one guy on here has a 2000 v6 he used the $500 SCT livewire tuner and he said it workedwonders and u coould tune everything. Im getting mine tuned next year it needs it badly lol. But yes it will DEFINATELY help you out. IMHO get one where u can do it all yourself unless your are expecting to do a lot to ur engine
RTW0223
RTW0223
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2008-10-19

https://www.facebook.com/ryan.wuerfl

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisverneuil Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:33 pm

You can download the livewire software......(cough, cough. Limewire, Cough) U didnt hear that from me...........
chrisverneuil
chrisverneuil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1610
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by BobT Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:05 pm

I agree with SCT and Woodbine Motorsports. Get it tuned. Well worth the extra few $.
BobT
BobT
COBRA
COBRA

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down