Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paint shop that does custom work and does a GREAT job.

+6
Droptop306
05RedDevil
BCP
svtwin73
AAron83
Croft
10 posters

Go down

Paint shop that does custom work and does a GREAT job. Empty Paint shop that does custom work and does a GREAT job.

Post by Croft Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:06 pm

I know this has been discussed before, but I am starting a new thread so it is in one central location.

I need to get my hood and front bumper painted, with the hood getting some custom work. Price really doesn't matter, but it would be nice if it was reasonable.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks guys!
Croft
Croft
Cruise Director
Cruise Director

Number of posts : 4206
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Paint shop that does custom work and does a GREAT job. Empty Re: Paint shop that does custom work and does a GREAT job.

Post by AAron83 Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:11 pm

I'll do some research and ask around i need my hood painted also
AAron83
AAron83
COBRA
COBRA

Number of posts : 991
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Paint shop that does custom work and does a GREAT job. Empty Re: Paint shop that does custom work and does a GREAT job.

Post by svtwin73 Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:12 pm

Ditto on the hood paint, I think I'm going to swing by IGS in Crofton and see what it will cost.
svtwin73
svtwin73
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Croft Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:13 pm

Thanks, Aaron.

Dan, if you do stop there, would you mind putting a bug in their ears about my situation and see what they say?
Croft
Croft
Cruise Director
Cruise Director

Back to top Go down

Post by svtwin73 Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:30 pm

Can do, I just need my hood painted, the bumper has 3M.
svtwin73
svtwin73
BOSS
BOSS

Back to top Go down

Post by Croft Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:01 pm

Thanks!

I need to do that 3M as well. where did you get yours done? And how much? Any issues with it?
Croft
Croft
Cruise Director
Cruise Director

Back to top Go down

Post by BCP Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:01 pm

ranx93 wrote:I'll do some research and ask around i need my hood painted also

Dont you work with a paint & body guy?
BCP
BCP
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by svtwin73 Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:23 pm

I had it installed at Winners Tint in Annapolis, it was like $200. I have no complaints about it, not one knick or any paint damage where it covers, I've had it for 2 years. I want to get it on the hood after the new paint cures.
svtwin73
svtwin73
BOSS
BOSS

Back to top Go down

Post by 05RedDevil Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:46 am

My car was painted in IGS. They did a fantastic job on my stripes and they have an airbrush guy if you want a mural or something.
05RedDevil
05RedDevil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by svtwin73 Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:34 am

I was looking for an airbrush guy for a pedal car I got for my niece. I'll have to check
svtwin73
svtwin73
BOSS
BOSS

Back to top Go down

Post by Droptop306 Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:01 am

I used Front Guard in annapolis for my 3M protection. they did a wonderful job and no complaints. Not to mention a lifetime warranty. Have to wait at least 90 days after paint though, highly recommended at least. I have a guy who does air brushing, you have seen the radiator cover I have. I want to have the under hood done soon as well. He gets busy in winter though with the bikes. He has several templates as well he can show you. he lives and works right down the street from me.
Droptop306
Droptop306
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Croft Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:08 am

Thanks guys for the info. Once I get everything painted and all, I am going to work on the 3M.

BJ, I can talk with you more about it at your Superbowl Party. I know we talked about it before at some car shows, but my memory sucks, lol.
Croft
Croft
Cruise Director
Cruise Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Bart_man Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:38 am

I was just looking at Crofts post on S197forums about this same subject.
Any shop should be happy to have her as a satisfied customer because a reccomendation on this forum looks to be worth 4 or 5 other customers (including myself)
Maybe we should have a local vendors area (good/bad)?
Bart_man
Bart_man
RUSTY MUSTANG
RUSTY MUSTANG

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by svtwin73 Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:31 pm

$300 For the hood and he's spraying a tougher PPG clear
svtwin73
svtwin73
BOSS
BOSS

Back to top Go down

Post by TT_05_Stang Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:05 pm

My boy Mark does a great job. He is anal about paint. He is into rc helis. He painted a scale replica of the state police heli down to the rivets.
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5329
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by AAron83 Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:45 pm

BCP wrote:
ranx93 wrote:I'll do some research and ask around i need my hood painted also

Dont you work with a paint & body guy?

o yea i forgot about him and his home shop since i got transferred Paint shop that does custom work and does a GREAT job. 40218 . imma ask him tommorrow
AAron83
AAron83
COBRA
COBRA

Number of posts : 991
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by KryptonKnight Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:31 pm

I use A.C.E.S. Body and Paint on Rt.40 a few miles North of Rt.43.
410-355-0800 Ask for Heath and tell him Paul gave you his name.
KryptonKnight
KryptonKnight
GT
GT

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethelism Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:33 pm

I know an awesome guy who does 3M and will totally give any friend of mine the hookup; he's in Howard County though.

As far as paint, I am LOVING AutoBody Creations in Rockville...
Bethelism
Bethelism
Grand Poobet
Grand Poobet

Number of posts : 1724
Registration date : 2008-12-30

http://www.bethelism.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down