Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"The Cure Machine Van" Day! Saturday, Feb 5th.10am

+7
01stangbabe
natedlee
Bethelism
Big Blue
chrisverneuil
Great White
BobT
11 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

"The Cure Machine Van" Day!  Saturday, Feb 5th.10am Empty "The Cure Machine Van" Day! Saturday, Feb 5th.10am

Post by BobT Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:03 am

Saturday, Febuary 5th at 10am The Mustang Club of Maryland will be helping out a 4 1\2 year old little girl who has SMA. The club has donated items that will benifit Emily in her travels. This event will be covered by the local news and or the local news paper. We will be "Decking out" a handicap van for little Emily. "The Cure Machine Van" Day!  Saturday, Feb 5th.10am 59253 This is a family event so come and and show your support! Lets show everyone how strong the Mustang community really is!
I will be held at my shop. 703 Blizzard Farm Lane Westminster, MD 21157
Feel free to call me at 443-340-3086 for more information.

Bob

Last edited by blown50stang1990 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:41 am; edited 2 times in total
BobT
BobT
COBRA
COBRA

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

"The Cure Machine Van" Day!  Saturday, Feb 5th.10am Empty Re: "The Cure Machine Van" Day! Saturday, Feb 5th.10am

Post by Great White Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:12 am

You already Know Chris and I will be there "The Cure Machine Van" Day!  Saturday, Feb 5th.10am 628407
Great White
Great White
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 2514
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

"The Cure Machine Van" Day!  Saturday, Feb 5th.10am Empty Re: "The Cure Machine Van" Day! Saturday, Feb 5th.10am

Post by chrisverneuil Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:42 pm

WooHOo
chrisverneuil
chrisverneuil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1610
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:08 pm

"The Cure Machine Van" Day!  Saturday, Feb 5th.10am 261269 sound off people, who else wants to do a good deed?
Great White
Great White
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Blue Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:12 pm

What else is needed Bob, I'm sure we can come with some more help here, and at this point count me in.
Big Blue
Big Blue
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2007-09-19

http://www.mdpatriotstangs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BobT Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:57 am

Big Blue wrote:What else is needed Bob, I'm sure we can come with some more help here, and at this point count me in.

Just bring yourself and have a good time! This is a social\do a good deed day.

Were also looking for a small disco ball if anyone knows where we can find one.
BobT
BobT
COBRA
COBRA

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:40 am

I yeah I forgot about the disco ball (Bethel?) "The Cure Machine Van" Day!  Saturday, Feb 5th.10am 696932
Great White
Great White
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethelism Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:33 am

I'm scheduled to work, but with this much advance notice, I'm sure I can weasel out.

How big of a disco ball?
Bethelism
Bethelism
Grand Poobet
Grand Poobet

Number of posts : 1724
Registration date : 2008-12-30

http://www.bethelism.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:05 am

Perhaps the size of a grapefruit "The Cure Machine Van" Day!  Saturday, Feb 5th.10am 341203
Great White
Great White
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by BobT Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:01 am

I saw one at TJ`s that was the size of an apple with 2 led lights on the side. I`ll have to ask Tim where he got it from.

If anyone has any kind of lighting or anything else they would like to donate please contact me.

B.T.W. Were having Carroll Shelby Chilli. If you guys could bring some other food or drinks it would be great!
BobT
BobT
COBRA
COBRA

Back to top Go down

Post by BobT Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:02 am

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you guys. I got my garage insulated and a heat pump installed now thanks to Chris and James! Its nice and cozy!
BobT
BobT
COBRA
COBRA

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:19 am

Did someone say bring BEERS! "The Cure Machine Van" Day!  Saturday, Feb 5th.10am 268252 "The Cure Machine Van" Day!  Saturday, Feb 5th.10am 372667 toast "The Cure Machine Van" Day!  Saturday, Feb 5th.10am 372667 "The Cure Machine Van" Day!  Saturday, Feb 5th.10am 538650
Great White
Great White
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Blue Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:31 am

What kind of lighting are you looking for?
Big Blue
Big Blue
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2007-09-19

http://www.mdpatriotstangs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisverneuil Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:26 pm

Crazyness type:) You know how we do it:)
chrisverneuil
chrisverneuil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Back to top Go down

Post by BobT Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:19 pm

Big Blue wrote:What kind of lighting are you looking for?

Mood lights. 80s van type of lighting. lol
BobT
BobT
COBRA
COBRA

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:36 pm

blown50stang1990 wrote:
Big Blue wrote:What kind of lighting are you looking for?

Mood lights. 80s van type of lighting. lol
"The Cure Machine Van" Day!  Saturday, Feb 5th.10am 9374
Great White
Great White
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

"The Cure Machine Van" Day!  Saturday, Feb 5th.10am Empty A little bit about Emily and SMA

Post by natedlee Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:12 pm

Hey folks -- I wanted to let you know that me and my family are super excited about this event for our daughter, Emily. She absolutely loves taking road trips in our big van - pimping it out is going to make it pretty cool. Thanks so much for those of you who are committing to be a part of the event!

Here's something I posted to the Mustang Club of Maryland forums
----------------------------------------

Thanks for planning this event, Bob, and we are super excited that you have selected Emily as one of the club's "charities" this year.

Here's a little bit about Emily's story:

== Emily Hope ==
I can't seem to get the image to post, so here's a link: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/EGg_JBrWGzWLToibZoTfBQ?feat=directlink

July 15, 2005 was an incredible day - full of hope and anticipation. We were about to have our 3rd baby girl. Her name, Emily Hope Lee.

At five weeks old we brought Emily in to get an EMG because we felt she was not developing normally. The EMG determined that Emily also has Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA).

SMA:
- #1 genetic killer of children
- a degenerative problem that affects the motor nerves, resulting in muscle wasting and weakness.
- occurs in approximately one in 6,000 -10,000 live births

The rest of Emily's life has been a hurricane of events from drug studies to hospital stays. Within one year Emily had lost her ability to swallow, breath adequately while sleeping, and was not able to cough adequately b/c her muscles had grown so weak. She became dependent on a BiPAP breathing machine when sleeping, dependent on a feeding tube for all nutrition, and a host of other medical devices that help us sustain her life.

Despite numerous hospitalizations, life support, and many other difficulties Emily has outlived her prognosis and is now 5 years old! Today she attends school 3-5 times a week, drives a power chair, enjoys our family and especially her big sister, and enjoys so much as she participates in the world around her... with our help of course.

The emotional, physical, spiritual, and financial wake of dealing with a disease like SMA is messy at best. But, we find great comfort in our faith, family, friends, community, and our hope for a cure within Emily's lifetime.

----

Emily is the youngest of three girls -- Annabelle, Linnea, Emily -- Annabelle is the best big sister in the world and at nearly 9 she is Emily's biggest fan and supporter. Linnea would turn 8 this year, but she passed away from SMA in 2004. We miss her each and every day --- so, needless to say, we are unfortunate veterans of this disease.

----

I have had the chance to get to know Bob through Ryan Wagner this past year and when we bought our diesel handicap van he was the logical expert to hire to work on it - and he has been most helpful. In our chats we talked about the Mustang Club and the possibility of a charity event. Wow - it is awesome that Emily is the lucky girl to get the clubs attention.

We look forward to participating in the event, and having a "fancy" ride for Emily to enjoy on our many roa trips, b/c Emily LOVES riding in her van -- she's an adventurous little girl.

----

Additionally, to help other families impacted by SMA we formed Eminnea, Inc., a nonprofit serving families with web-based communication tools, computer support, and other initiatives aimed at equipping families with the knowledge and tools needed to navigate the often difficult roads that come with SMA. You can visit us at www.eminnea.org to read more about what we've been up to.
natedlee
natedlee

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-01-06

http://www.hopeforemily.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 01stangbabe Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:45 pm

We sell mirror ball at my work and we have the disco balls that's all different colors that has the light inside and spins on a base.
01stangbabe
01stangbabe
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:49 am

Nate, thanks for posting. I can't wait to work on this project.
Great White
Great White
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by BobT Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:28 am

01stangbabe wrote:We sell mirror ball at my work and we have the disco balls that's all different colors that has the light inside and spins on a base.

Is it battery operated? Im not looking for something that is permanent. If what you have will work how much are they?
BobT
BobT
COBRA
COBRA

Back to top Go down

Post by 01stangbabe Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:34 am

The mirror ball doesn't have any lights, the disco ball plugs in i'm not sure if it can take batteries too i'd have to check but they are both $5, $4 with my disount.
01stangbabe
01stangbabe
MACH 1
MACH 1

Back to top Go down

Post by 01stangbabe Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:42 am

blown50stang1990 wrote:
01stangbabe wrote:We sell mirror ball at my work and we have the disco balls that's all different colors that has the light inside and spins on a base.

Is it battery operated? Im not looking for something that is permanent. If what you have will work how much are they?

01stangbabe wrote:The mirror ball doesn't have any lights, the disco ball plugs in i'm not sure if it can take batteries too i'd have to check but they are both $5, $4 with my disount.

Do you know where the Five Below is in Westminster? I work at one in Baltimore, but you should go check them out. We carry all sorts of different lights. You can pick up anything you like there for $5 under, or you can tell me what you want and I can pick it up from my store and use my discount. Just let me know.
01stangbabe
01stangbabe
MACH 1
MACH 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:42 pm

Bob just don't send me to find anything in Westminster other than TJ's or your house I always get lost! LOL
Great White
Great White
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisverneuil Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:23 pm

01stangbabe wrote:
blown50stang1990 wrote:

01stangbabe wrote:The mirror ball doesn't have any lights, the disco ball plugs in i'm not sure if it can take batteries too i'd have to check but they are both $5, $4 with my disount.

Do you know where the Five Below is in Westminster? I work at one in Baltimore, but you should go check them out. We carry all sorts of different lights. You can pick up anything you like there for $5 under, or you can tell me what you want and I can pick it up from my store and use my discount. Just let me know.

I say discount and the plug in type. 4 bucks is better than 5 plus tax. And im sure i could figure out how to make it run on some batts
chrisverneuil
chrisverneuil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisverneuil Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:24 pm

conejo172 wrote:Bob just don't send me to find anything in Westminster other than TJ's or your house I always get lost! LOL
ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL "The Cure Machine Van" Day!  Saturday, Feb 5th.10am 434531 "The Cure Machine Van" Day!  Saturday, Feb 5th.10am 434531 "The Cure Machine Van" Day!  Saturday, Feb 5th.10am 434531 "The Cure Machine Van" Day!  Saturday, Feb 5th.10am 434531 "The Cure Machine Van" Day!  Saturday, Feb 5th.10am 434531
Ya you send this guy down a straight road to find a gas station and he gets lost goin up a random ass backwards road. Who the hell does that?
chrisverneuil
chrisverneuil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next