Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some possible cruise-ins in Westminster/Eldersburg Saturday afternoon May 24

4 posters

Go down

Some possible cruise-ins in Westminster/Eldersburg Saturday afternoon May 24 Empty Some possible cruise-ins in Westminster/Eldersburg Saturday afternoon May 24

Post by Boss281 Mon May 19, 2014 7:17 am

I know many of us go away for the Memorial Day weekend, but would there be interest in a very short mini-cruise late afternoon Saturday into the evening?  Linda and I are pulling the cars out come hell or high water (Linda is loving the Focus ST) and checking out a cruise at the Westminster Denny's, the the cruise at the Greene Turtle, then buzzing down Rt 32 to Eldersburg to see the cruise at the Home Depot.

I'm not absolute positive how often these groups have a meet, I'm just reacting off what I've read in the cruise-in lists.  Laura and I have been to the Home Depot cruises and they can get huge with 200+ cars, or just be a dozen people.  Regardless, near the Home Depot is Glory Days, which has good food and a decent beer list.

Linda and I are going regardless, maybe we'll see some of you folks there...
Boss281
Boss281
Geek Stangs
Geek Stangs

Number of posts : 1719
Registration date : 2007-12-06

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2059455

Back to top Go down

Some possible cruise-ins in Westminster/Eldersburg Saturday afternoon May 24 Empty Re: Some possible cruise-ins in Westminster/Eldersburg Saturday afternoon May 24

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 7:13 pm

Hmmm maybe if I go to DC for rolling thunder.

Back to top Go down

Some possible cruise-ins in Westminster/Eldersburg Saturday afternoon May 24 Empty Re: Some possible cruise-ins in Westminster/Eldersburg Saturday afternoon May 24

Post by nicholasa631 Mon May 19, 2014 9:06 pm

sadly I'm working til 55pm that day
nicholasa631
nicholasa631
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2013-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverstang Tue May 20, 2014 9:01 am

Put me down as a maybe. Not sure what I'll be doing this weekend.
Silverstang
Silverstang
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Henny Penny Wed May 21, 2014 4:47 am

About what time at denny's or green turtle on sat. My plans are not set yet and we won't have honey bunnys schedule till Friday.
Henny Penny
Henny Penny
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1319
Registration date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Boss281 Wed May 21, 2014 5:19 pm

Steve, I think we'll start at the Dennys around 5pm, stay and hour and try the Greene Turtle down the road (5mins).  If nothing's happening then travel to Home Depot in Eldersburg (20mins), or hang out an hour and then go to Eldersburg. After that, a two minute trip to Glory Days for beer, burgers and beer.
Boss281
Boss281
Geek Stangs
Geek Stangs

Back to top Go down

Post by Henny Penny Thu May 22, 2014 4:53 am

Got ya, I'll let ya know Sat . morning
Henny Penny
Henny Penny
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Back to top Go down

Post by Boss281 Thu May 22, 2014 5:15 am

No pressures anyone, this is just Linda and I testing the Saturday cruise circuit in the area, then getting grub later.  As said in the OP, we're doing it regardless of turnout.  Going to be a nice day!
Boss281
Boss281
Geek Stangs
Geek Stangs

Back to top Go down

Post by Boss281 Fri May 23, 2014 11:23 pm

Washed the Mustang today, she's all purty and ready for a local Westminster cruise-in Saturday night.  Hope to see some of you around...
Boss281
Boss281
Geek Stangs
Geek Stangs

Back to top Go down

Post by Henny Penny Sat May 24, 2014 7:02 am

Honey Bunny will be working, BUT I see ya at Denny's around 5:00
Henny Penny
Henny Penny
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Back to top Go down

Post by Boss281 Sat May 24, 2014 3:33 pm

We will be there slightly after 5, maybe 5:15...
Boss281
Boss281
Geek Stangs
Geek Stangs

Back to top Go down

Post by Boss281 Sun May 25, 2014 3:26 pm

Well, this was a strange weather event.  Stephen and his sister/brother in law met up with Linda and I at the Denny's, we got the scoop about 7pm, and went to the Greene Turtle for grub.  Walked out to a steady rain.  We all bailed (Steve indicated a quick driveby at the Eldersburg Home Depot was still home to about 50 hearty souls waiting out the rain).

After getting home, James texted the sun was out in Westminster and drying up. Odd what a difference a few miles made.  We just called it and will try again another Saturday.

Thanks to those that gave it a try.  I assume the Bobster had his bonfire...
Boss281
Boss281
Geek Stangs
Geek Stangs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down