Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1965 Mustang Fastback - Why I want one.

5 posters

Go down

1965 Mustang Fastback - Why I want one. Empty 1965 Mustang Fastback - Why I want one.

Post by Sir Charles Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:02 am

I just sold my '96 Mustang GT for a better reason.

This is my mission:

See this is my plan and has been for a few years now. My Dad did 3 tours in Vietnam. During his first tour he wrote a letter home to his Mom stating "If I make it home alive. I want a '65 Mustang Fastback for when I return." So my Grandmother found one, told the dealer about her Son and his letter. The day after my Dad returned home a man knocked on his door. The car sales man asked "Is your name Steve?" My Dad replied back "yes it is so how can I help you?" The car salesman said "I have the car that you wrote to your mother about." So my Dad drove the salesman back to the lot and and paid for the car cash.

So after his 3 tour he was getting re-assigned from the West Coast to the East Coast and his Mom needed a good car. My Dad gave her the Mustang and flew to his next assignment. My Grandmother drove the car for a few years. She was a waitress and people at work called her Mustang Sally. She really didn't like that nickname. So after a few years the car needed new tires and it was in mint condition. She traded it in for another car because she was tired of being called Mustang Sally. My Dad regrets not taking back the car when he had a chance to. It was a 1965 Ford Mustang Fastback. White with Red interior. It had a 289 with a 3 Speed on the floor.

My dream and plan is to build another one just like it and have it delivered to my Dad's house while having the delivery driver saying the exact same thing as the car sales man told me dad with a fully restored '65 Fastback sitting out front of his house. My family and I will fly in unannounced except for my Mom knowing what is going on to surprise my Dad. My plan is having this done when I retire from the AF in 3 years and return home to Dallas, TX for good.

1965 Mustang Fastback - Why I want one. 1965_mustang_fastback23
Sir Charles
Sir Charles
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2008-03-22

http://www.MilitaryTuners.com

Back to top Go down

1965 Mustang Fastback - Why I want one. Empty Re: 1965 Mustang Fastback - Why I want one.

Post by TT_05_Stang Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:21 am

Good luck with the plan. It means soo much to be able to give back to your parents. Especially in a way that would bring a man to tears. I seriously believe that it would move your dad to see such a car again, and bring back so many memories. If I can help in any way let me know. I have many tools, welders, and such that if you need to restore something, replace plannels or anything else let me know. It's fairly hard to find a 65 fastback that someone hasnt replica'd into a GT-350. I will keep my eyes out for something that needs restoration, because finding a white with red interior is even more difficult. IIRC the 65 fastback with pony interior was in the 5-6k production numbers. So very rare. Again best of luck.

Will
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5329
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

1965 Mustang Fastback - Why I want one. Empty Re: 1965 Mustang Fastback - Why I want one.

Post by ndnboy Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:44 am

Sounds great Charles, hope you find one soon to start on....does this mean you are Stang-Less now????? (cant recall if you had a 2nd Pony)
ndnboy
ndnboy
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts : 4503
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Big-B Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:19 am

Believe it or not, my mom had a red 2+2 like that when I was a kid.
Big-B
Big-B
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 6053

Back to top Go down

Post by wecircletheproblem Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:21 pm

damn a 65 2+2 would be nice to have
wecircletheproblem
wecircletheproblem
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts : 743
Registration date : 2007-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Big-B Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:15 pm

wecircletheproblem wrote:damn a 65 2+2 would be nice to have
Tell me about it
Big-B
Big-B
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 6053

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down