Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lousy start to the weekend, but this woke me up

+3
Croft
Big-B
Boss281
7 posters

Go down

Lousy start to the weekend, but this woke me up Empty Lousy start to the weekend, but this woke me up

Post by Boss281 Sat May 02, 2009 8:13 pm

Weekend is going south for a variety of reasons, and some travel plans are now delayed until Sunday morning. But I found this cool creature in the front lawn, and had fun picking him up and taking him up the road a bit to a pond. Little bit of nature gets me grounded. The shell was about a foot across, but I've caught larger ones in my youth:
Lousy start to the weekend, but this woke me up 050209_19541

Lousy start to the weekend, but this woke me up 050209_19542
Boss281
Boss281
Geek Stangs
Geek Stangs

Number of posts : 1719
Registration date : 2007-12-06

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2059455

Back to top Go down

Lousy start to the weekend, but this woke me up Empty Re: Lousy start to the weekend, but this woke me up

Post by Big-B Sat May 02, 2009 8:17 pm

Pretty cool
Big-B
Big-B
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 6053
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Lousy start to the weekend, but this woke me up Empty Re: Lousy start to the weekend, but this woke me up

Post by Croft Sat May 02, 2009 8:32 pm

Ha, cool! I remember catching those when I was a kid myself. Almost got my finger bitten off several times.

Sorry your weekend isn't going to good. You are more than welcome to come out for a few drinks if you like. Heading to Silver Spring to ave a couple margaritas and hit up a movie. Let me know.....you got my number.
Croft
Croft
Cruise Director
Cruise Director

Number of posts : 4206
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Boss281 Sat May 02, 2009 8:45 pm

No, damnit! With travel happening tomorrow, everyone took off for the evening but me. Three Molsons down and I'm not quite sure I should drive. Next week, although crappy weather-wise, appears to be lighter than I predicted. Someone keeps talking happy hour and I just may make one.

Let me know if you all see one of the scifi flicks out (Wolverine I think). I'd like to see Star Trek, and the Terminator Salvation movie later this month.
Boss281
Boss281
Geek Stangs
Geek Stangs

Number of posts : 1719
Registration date : 2007-12-06

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2059455

Back to top Go down

Post by 1FUN5.0 Sat May 02, 2009 8:46 pm

holy cow that's a big turtle. we had one in our yard a couple of years ago the was sorta trapped. I guess it fell in the small area right in fron of the basement windows...not sure what it's called or how to describe it...anyway we found him in there one day and Steven and I named it Tommy the turtle. He died that next winter - I guess from the cold. Anyway we used to give him leaves as food and what not.
1FUN5.0
1FUN5.0
SNUPER SNATCH
SNUPER SNATCH

Number of posts : 2505
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by roushmustang427r Sat May 02, 2009 10:13 pm

thats one big turtle
roushmustang427r
roushmustang427r
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1338
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by kooldawg6 Sun May 03, 2009 5:58 am

I haven't seen one of those in quite some time (Cade's Cove back in the '80s)!

I need to hit up a Happy Hour with you guys as well, but the next week or so could be quite hectic Lousy start to the weekend, but this woke me up 40218
kooldawg6
kooldawg6
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4896
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by zporta Sun May 03, 2009 10:30 am

i saw one of those crossing the road when i was like 17 and we stopped and moved it... it was huge!
zporta
zporta
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4696
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down