Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Engine fitment

+4
pikuoff
Boss281
chrisverneuil
03silvergt
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Engine fitment - Page 2 Empty Re: Engine fitment

Post by 7ShelbyGT Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:03 am

I have a freind who has a large garage and a car lift - If you are talking about a place to work at .....

He has worked at a dealership as a front end guy and at a transmission place; all around good guy. He lives in Westminster. He would probably be willing to work something out with you in the evenings or whenever; he works out of his garage.... 410-259-3911 Steve is his name.
Not for free, but reasonable...just respect his place & tools.
7ShelbyGT
7ShelbyGT
GT
GT

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisverneuil Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:23 am

7ShelbyGT wrote:I have a freind who has a large garage and a car lift - If you are talking about a place to work at .....

He has worked at a dealership as a front end guy and at a transmission place; all around good guy. He lives in Westminster. He would probably be willing to work something out with you in the evenings or whenever; he works out of his garage.... 410-259-3911 Steve is his name.
Not for free, but reasonable...just respect his place & tools.
Of course, Im looking mainly for like a Full fab shop, Welders, Laths, 3 Axis Mills, Mills, The works pretty much. Ive got a spare 4.0 Intake sitting in the garage that im porting out, Least trying too, And got a plane to take a stock 4.0 TB and bore it out to a 80 or slightly bigger bore, Just need the tools, and machinery to get it done. For being young and dumb, I could really show some of you guys some awsome skills.
chrisverneuil
chrisverneuil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1610
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by 03silvergt Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:57 pm

7ShelbyGT wrote:Look at Maxmod site

I was thinking about the same thing 500+ RWHP... but still a daily driver
Aluminator stroker block, decide on compression ratio, get the pistons that work, do a Comp Cam with the heads reworked - valve springs, plus ..., plus...., $$$

Talk to the guys at JPC they have been honest and helpful in my decision making search.

I did look at maxmods. They are cheaper on some things. I didnt browse their site too much but i will check it out more as i determine what route im taking.
03silvergt
03silvergt
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 558
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by 7ShelbyGT Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:40 pm

I dont know anyone with that many tools in one place, except maybe.....

There was a machinist that my freind knew up around Union Mills, he had a dirt track car in his yard and works out of the back half of his house... but I don't know his name - and I think he would want to run his own machinery.
7ShelbyGT
7ShelbyGT
GT
GT

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobinspector Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:29 am

I know this from the research on my car. That if you want that power and you are willing to do a motor swap. Find a 03 -04 cobra motor they are out there. With a stock eaton and a upper pulley swap mine made 454hp and 464trq on a canned tune. After I put a ported eaton and get it tuned I should be in the low to mid 500hp. Maybe. It is still very streetable and with the t-56 it is not that bad on gas. The 03 - 04 terminator motors were all hand built and can stand up to more boost and power. The biggest weak link in the motor is the pistons. But if you really want power and drivability maybe you should find a terminator. If you look around you can find them at a decent price. Also the motor forged from crank to piston. Including manley H beam rods. And that is stock bottom end. From engine to trans you are looking at around 6K to 7K. Just my .02 cents. Good luck on what you decide to do. By the way with fuel mods and a single turbo on a good 93 tune there are Terinators running around on the street with 700 plus Hp. All you need is time and lots of money.
Boobinspector
Boobinspector
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by 7ShelbyGT Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:40 am

How do I tell the difference between a terminator motor and a cobra in 03-04?
Also is that 700+ RWhp or at engine? Good numbers either way...

Funny - when I have the time , I don't always have the money; and when I am making the money, I don't always have time: Got to work out the balance on this one.
7ShelbyGT
7ShelbyGT
GT
GT

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobinspector Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:39 am

The terminator is the 03- 04 cobra. Terminator is just what ford called the 03 model during development. And the 700HP is rear wheels.
Boobinspector
Boobinspector
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by 7ShelbyGT Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:35 pm

Thanks

I'm thinking...... so if you smell smoke don't worry at first.
7ShelbyGT
7ShelbyGT
GT
GT

Back to top Go down

Post by 03silvergt Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:34 pm

Has anyone heard any news about the Lunati cams for the 2 valve. I have been searching the internet to try to find a video but I cant find one.
03silvergt
03silvergt
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 558
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by 03silvergt Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:44 pm

This looks like something I would like.