Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-back

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-back Empty Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-back

Post by BOOM_FIST Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:45 am

I have an excellent condition Flowmaster Amerian Thunder Cat-back system currently on my 97 GT and want to switch it up. It has about 15K miles through it right now. I would like to either sell it outright for $250 OR trade it for some excellent condition SLP Loudmouth 2 bullet mufflers and a little cash.
BOOM_FIST
BOOM_FIST
GT
GT

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-08-07

Back to top Go down

Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-back Empty Re: Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-back

Post by RTW0223 Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:56 am

SLP LM1's FTMFW
RTW0223
RTW0223
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2008-10-19

https://www.facebook.com/ryan.wuerfl

Back to top Go down

Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-back Empty Re: Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-back

Post by BOOM_FIST Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:36 pm

RTW0223 wrote:SLP LM1's FTMFW

Sorry, don't like the LM1's. LM2's are where it's at! Smile
BOOM_FIST
BOOM_FIST
GT
GT

Back to top Go down

Post by RTW0223 Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:42 pm

BOOM_FIST wrote:
RTW0223 wrote:SLP LM1's FTMFW

Sorry, don't like the LM1's. LM2's are where it's at! Smile

why's that?
RTW0223
RTW0223
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Back to top Go down

Post by BOOM_FIST Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:54 pm

Because LM1's are way to raspy IMO. I like the SLP sound, but never liked the LM1's because of their overly obnoxious exhaust note. I like the redesigned LM2's with a little bit more mellow note compared to the LM1's. I think with my BBK headers, catted Bassani X, LM2's will sound sexy.
BOOM_FIST
BOOM_FIST
GT
GT

Back to top Go down

Post by RTW0223 Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:27 pm

BOOM_FIST wrote:Because LM1's are way to raspy IMO. I like the SLP sound, but never liked the LM1's because of their overly obnoxious exhaust note. I like the redesigned LM2's with a little bit more mellow note compared to the LM1's. I think with my BBK headers, catted Bassani X, LM2's will sound sexy.

Yeah they are a bit raspy and only certain setups can make it sound really. But if youre looking for pure LOUDNESS then LM1's are the way to go. Had them on my '99 V6 and they really made heads turn... and alarms go off lol
RTW0223
RTW0223
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Back to top Go down

Post by BCP Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:36 pm

RTW0223 wrote:
BOOM_FIST wrote:Because LM1's are way to raspy IMO. I like the SLP sound, but never liked the LM1's because of their overly obnoxious exhaust note. I like the redesigned LM2's with a little bit more mellow note compared to the LM1's. I think with my BBK headers, catted Bassani X, LM2's will sound sexy.

Yeah they are a bit raspy and only certain setups can make it sound really. But if youre looking for pure LOUDNESS then LM1's are the way to go. Had them on my '99 V6 and they really made heads turn... and alarms go off lol

Huge difference between being loud and sounding good.
BCP
BCP
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by The92Foxbody Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:47 pm

BCP wrote:Huge difference between being loud and sounding good.

Agreed. Good luck with the sale/trade

The92Foxbody
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2010-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by BOOM_FIST Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:06 am

BCP wrote:
RTW0223 wrote:

Huge difference between being loud and sounding good.

Werd, I'm hoping my choice to go with LM2's along with my catted X-pipe will make it sound good. Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-back 10498

The92Foxbody wrote:
BCP wrote:Huge difference between being loud and sounding good.

Agreed. Good luck with the sale/trade

Thanks!
BOOM_FIST
BOOM_FIST
GT
GT

Back to top Go down

Post by The92Foxbody Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:37 pm

In my own opinion, I love the LM1s with an X pipe. Watch this video, it is possibly one of the best sounding sn95s I have ever heard.