Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trans replacement

Go down

Trans replacement Empty Trans replacement

Post by Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:21 pm

I am replacing my AOD with a re-man Ford AOD since mine is starting to crap the bed and I found it early so at least I won't be stuck on the side of the road in lala land waiting for a tow home. So hopefully in the path forward I will have a added layer of reliability for years to come. Trans replacement 10498

Back to top Go down

Trans replacement Empty Re: Trans replacement

Post by kooldawg6 Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:24 pm

Nice! Are you plannin on putting a shift kit in? I had one put in on my '95 GT and it made a world of difference! Not sure about reliability as I only owned for about another 10K miles or so, but was still shifting perfectly. That was back in the day when mod money was very sparse... The only go mod I had was Flowmasters and it would easily spin 2nd gear. Not bad for a fully loaded, underpowered V8.
kooldawg6
kooldawg6
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4896
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:08 pm

I actually thought about that and I spoke to a guy who is pretty fox "savvy" and he said it wasn't a added value. I am ALL about barking 2nd gear. Currently my car is totally stock except 50 seriers flows and I am going to keep it that way outside of the 3.73 rears. I have a lot of wishes but in reality I will just settle for the car and it sounds nice and if I advance my timing it should do pretty good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down