Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A disappointing days event!!! Defective ring gear

+4
mjr46
kooldawg6
ndnboy
Big-B
8 posters

Go down

A disappointing days event!!! Defective ring gear Empty A disappointing days event!!! Defective ring gear

Post by Big-B Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:17 pm

OK, so I rode up to a buddies shop, (also a member here, MJR46) to install a set of 4.10's. Ford racing gear set. Everything went smooth and Mike is very well versed in installing these things. Got it finished around 4 w/ a 1 o'clock start time. Not too bad. Then came the road test. No noise on axcel, but some god awful noise on decel. WTF!!! Back in the shop, everything back apart. We were able to duplicate the noise on the rack, everything back out of the housing. Mike found one tooth on the ring gear that was not cast/machined properly. And you really had to look for it to see it. One small spot causing the issue. So the old gears went back in. We got everything cleaned up and we were out the door by 7p.m. What a disappointing end to the day!

Major props to Mike for an outstanding job. It looks like we'll be doing it again as soon as I can get the defects exchanged.
Big-B
Big-B
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 6053
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

A disappointing days event!!! Defective ring gear Empty Re: A disappointing days event!!! Defective ring gear

Post by ndnboy Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:22 am

Hope it works out better the second time around, keep us posted
ndnboy
ndnboy
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts : 4503
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

A disappointing days event!!! Defective ring gear Empty Re: A disappointing days event!!! Defective ring gear

Post by kooldawg6 Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:47 pm

That does suck, but glad he was able to find the problem. What do you have in there now...3.73?
kooldawg6
kooldawg6
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4896
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Big-B Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:07 pm

Yup
Big-B
Big-B
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by mjr46 Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:30 am

yeah that sure sucked!!!! hope the second time around goes smooth for us!!! better yet hope ford racing stands behind their warranty!!!

mjr46
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 649
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:36 pm

Sucks to hear, hope you get it worked out.

edit: I just noticed the date. So did you get it fixed?

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderSteed Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:51 pm

Damn B sry to hear that! I hope Ford doesn't give you a hard time about the exchange, keep us posted.
ThunderSteed
ThunderSteed
Poobah Light {Un Willing Vice Prez}
Poobah Light {Un Willing Vice Prez}

Number of posts : 1149
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Big-B Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:56 am

Lil late Paul. That's been taken care of a while ago. Thanks though. You need to get on here more often.
Big-B
Big-B
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethelism Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:00 am

Where's your buddy Mike? I could use a good mechanic for things like gears. Someone who won't rip me off!
Bethelism
Bethelism
Grand Poobet
Grand Poobet

Number of posts : 1724
Registration date : 2008-12-30

http://www.bethelism.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mjr46 Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:48 pm

Bethelism wrote:Where's your buddy Mike? I could use a good mechanic for things like gears. Someone who won't rip me off!
that would be me...my shop is in frederick A disappointing days event!!! Defective ring gear 45727

mjr46
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 649
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Low 11s Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:56 am

This may be a sign from God.
Low 11s
Low 11s
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominican7 Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:25 am

That Sucks!!
Dominican7
Dominican7
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 2023
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down