Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - March 31

+15
Big Mike226
Cygnetone
03silvergt
FASFOX89
05RedDevil
Dominican7
the_Pete
Bethelism
Hunt Valley C&C
Big Blue
zporta
Silverstang
SVT_N8
Boss281
Tonk
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - March 31 - Page 2 Empty Re: Inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - March 31

Post by Henny Penny Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:19 am

Hunt Valley C&C wrote:Cygnetone,

Now that's one heck of a Mustang! One of the girls that works at Caribou Coffee told me to be sure that there's a ton of Mustangs. This is a great start. I look forward to seeing your there.

Rich "Will" Williams
Rich , john's car is kinda scary when it comes flying up behind you on a dark stormy night.....all alone on the highway.....no one around for miles....if the headless horseman drove a car , this would be it.
Henny Penny
Henny Penny
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1319
Registration date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - March 31 - Page 2 Empty Re: Inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - March 31

Post by rgoddard Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:41 am

I am looking to see if this is something I can do. Since I don't know anyone where do most of you meet up?
rgoddard
rgoddard
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2011-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Blue Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:16 pm

well this is a new one, but as far as us {MPSF} its diferent all the time, check the MPSF Events tread for our meets and cruises
Big Blue
Big Blue
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2007-09-19

http://www.mdpatriotstangs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Henny Penny Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:52 pm

any idea if the is a rain or shine event ? I have others caravaning in with me who are asking.
Henny Penny
Henny Penny
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunt Valley C&C Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:17 pm

HennyPenny, its a 'rain or shine' event barring heavy rain or major holidays.

Today was 'kind of a big deal'. Jest aside, there was interaction with HVTC management, the foreman of the on-site construction crew and the event's insurance company.

Please be fully aware of your surroundings due to the previously mentioned on-site construction. Underground utilities are being installed from the center of the Best Buy parking lot to the area north of Panera. During the planning stage for our parking area, this construction was carefully considered and it will not enter our area.

After a few whirlwind event insurance sessions, it came right down to the wire with 25 minutes remaining in the workday. All is set. With insurance squared away, please take it on your own shoulders to be respectable and safe. Its all about a great time. Respect and safety are all important parts of a great time.

Weather doesn't project to be perfect but we're generally holding to ‘rain or shine’ to eliminate future unsurety. Only in moments of heavy rain, prominent holidays, etc. will there be an announcement of postponement. Due to the weather projections, tomorrow will not be a full representation of our group but it'll give us an idea of our 'rain on shine' crew.

Weather will also loosen the need for more strict parking guidelines. Typically, we’ll split the groups by style and model but tomorrow should be good with only a clear understanding that the coned area will be set for ‘luxury, classic, exotic and modded’ cars. This will set the tone for future events.

Let’s consider the inaugural a soft rollout…a pre-Grand Opening. Tomorrow is our first! I hope its your first as well but if not, we'll see you down the road!

Rich "Will" Williams

Hunt Valley C&C
RUSTY MUSTANG
RUSTY MUSTANG

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by svtwin73 Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:22 am

It's 80% imports here, boring
svtwin73
svtwin73
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by 05RedDevil Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:35 am

Are we talking AMG, Lamborghinni, Lotus foreign cars or Civics and Eclipses?
05RedDevil
05RedDevil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by svtwin73 Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:41 am

BMW, Porsche, a couple Ferrari's and A LOT of Mitsubishi's. There were a bunch of cars there, not what I expected and i'm not planning on going back. It's a drive, I'll stick with the Annapolis Cars and Coffee
svtwin73
svtwin73
BOSS
BOSS

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunt Valley C&C Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:58 pm

svtwin73.

The exotics and many of the classics were not available due to the weather projections going into Friday night. This is the case for any outdoor event and if you have attended other Cars & Coffee events when there's rain 2 hours before the start, you would see the same. When proper weather arrives, these cars will arrive. The turnout was positive nonetheless. Patience will be your best asset. In respect to Annapolis, regularly attending the home base C&C always makes the most sense. Down the road, if the situation merits, we'd love to have you visit again.

Great showing by the Mustangs!

Hunt Valley C&C
RUSTY MUSTANG
RUSTY MUSTANG

Back to top Go down

Post by ndnboy Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:50 pm

BTW, where is the Annapolis cars and coffee, is it at the bottom of main st, where the meter parking is????
ndnboy
ndnboy
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts : 4503
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by svtwin73 Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:34 pm

ndnboy wrote:BTW, where is the Annapolis cars and coffee, is it at the bottom of main st, where the meter parking is????

It's at the Baltimore Coffee and Tea Company on Bestgate Rd (behind the mall), Sundays 8- 10
svtwin73
svtwin73
BOSS
BOSS

Back to top Go down

Post by rgoddard Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:43 pm

Anyone know if they have one out my way? Say like the Frederick area?
rgoddard
rgoddard
BOSS
BOSS

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunt Valley C&C Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:57 pm

The inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee was challenged by Mother Nature but she drained the clouds before our event...and what an inaugural it was! Thank you to everyone that attended or even gave it their best but faced insurmountable hurdles.

Remember, this is a weekly event. The C&C 'veterans' will see a fresh insurgence of cars and owners next week. When the weather shines, now we have an idea of what to expect.

I heard 2 estimates of ~200 show cars. 2 thumbs up! Lets keep the tires rolling! Continue to spread the word at your home enthusiast websites. We have the opportunity to build Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee into something even more special than you saw this morning.

Clean, civil, safe. These were guidelines set during planning. All I have to say is "Keep it up!" Everyone properly disposed of refuse and everyone, except for 1 or 2 upon exit, were very safe in vehicle operation. Please mark this note for the future - The south exit from the Best Buy/MVP parking lot has a winding entrance to Shawan Road. Please exercise caution and employ safe operating speeds. Of course, these guidelines apply to all driving time on the HVTC grounds.

What a great time it was meeting such a diverse group of car enthusiasts. So many great stories. So many great cars. What a great day! Again, thank you. We hope to see you at future events.

Inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - March 31 - Page 2 549950_3456316683168_1128379956_3397268_2024250780_n

Hunt Valley C&C
RUSTY MUSTANG
RUSTY MUSTANG

Back to top Go down

Post by Henny Penny Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:32 am

I may be back on a more decent weather day, otherwise i'll just go to the nearest BMW dealer to feel like i'm there...all was good just some groups were more present as a group. I did enjoy being able to cruise the backroads thru Worthington and Shawa Vallys along with Butler and Belfast Rds.

to john from frederick, next time maybe a GT 40 still in bubble wrap will park next to you...he probably drove home backwards thinking the mileage would roll back off.
Henny Penny
Henny Penny
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunt Valley C&C Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:03 am

Henny Penny,

About a dozen BMWs drove as a group from DC. I can't place a negative on supporting the community. That's commitment. For the first event, the outcome was excellent. In regards to other groups being stronger, in the day of the internet forums, some groups simply respond stronger. Other groups respond better to word of mouth, face-to-face and e-mail communications. We're so early in the process that the evolution will continue.

If the forecast holds for proper weather on Saturday, a fresh diversity will appear. The community would love for Mustangs to represent well!

Hunt Valley C&C
RUSTY MUSTANG
RUSTY MUSTANG

Back to top Go down

Post by Cygnetone Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:33 am

Rich I thought the meet went well and there were quite a few Mustangs and also a-lot of other American makes as well. I really enjoyed seeing the variety presented, especially the Triumph TR-6 which was the same color as one I had way back...

As for Henny's GT comment that is a running irritation for me, I seem to attract them, at least 2 or 3 times the only GT has shown up and parked right next to me. It's sort of like standing next to the sun...you might as well not even be there!

Great show and I agree that if we can get the groups organized it would help. Maybe try to segment the parking area on the map so people have a little better idea what area to park in.

I will be going to more of these in the future, the ride is nice through the back roads.

Thanks again.
Cygnetone
Cygnetone
GT
GT

Number of posts : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunt Valley C&C Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:23 pm

Cygnetone, thank you for the comments. For parking, there was a general parking map that was created earlier in the week. It was in flux until hours before the meet due to construction. Thankfully, the heavy equipment wasn't in action during the C&C. You actually parked in the planned American Muscle area so you hit the mark. When construction is set, a map will be presented.

Here's the latest news...

Since Friday, I have received many Facebook e-mails, traditional e-mails and mentions in face-to-face interactions regarding attendance issues with the upcoming Easter weekend. In adherence with the policy of off weeks for major holidays, Easter falls into this category. There are family travel and local family responsibilities that should take priority. An additional factor is the utility line pavement cut that everyone saw on Saturday. Until approximately next Monday, cutting, earth moving and pavement sealing will be taking place to supply energy to the new women’s clothing store that’s under construction north of Panera. Providing the construction crew with an uncomplicated area to complete the task, in light of Easter weekend, is the best move.

Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee will return, in full force, on April 14. Continue to spread the word and drive exotic, luxury, classic and modified car owners to our [URL="https://www.facebook.com/groups/Hunt.Valley.Cars.Coffee/"]Facebook Group Page[/URL]. Our grassroots efforts will help create the best Cars & Coffee in the region. The off week will help us recruit new participants, give us time to install new modifications and even complete something as tedious as cleaning and sealing our wheels.

There are processes in motion that will create a truly unique and exciting experience for everyone. There are big plans. Really big plans. Alliances are being formed. Get fired up! See you on Saturday April 14!

Rich “Will” Williams

Hunt Valley C&C
RUSTY MUSTANG
RUSTY MUSTANG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunt Valley C&C Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:34 pm

Saturday's weather looks excellent for driving to and gathering at Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee! According to Accuweather, we'll see partly cloudy skies and temps in the 50's and low 60’s for the morning hours. The afternoon brings a high in the low 70's. That's perfect weather for transporting cars, gathering with old and new friends and settling into your first (or second) cup of coffee.

Upon arrival at the Best Buy parking lot, you’ll see a clearly-marked area for the show cars. Due to ongoing construction for a women’s clothing store on the property, please exercise caution. All show car traffic will enter the coned area from the south end (facing Shawan Road). There will be 4 open aisles for easy access to all themed areas. Ideally, Asian and European cars enter on the left half and American and Exotics enter on the right half. Early arrivals will be directed to the perimeters of the themed areas and parking will progress toward the middle. This will help organize the cars when we arrive en masse.

Inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - March 31 - Page 2 ParkingMap-April142012

The classification of ‘exotic’ will always be a source of debate. When asked about what makes a car exotic, I focus on rarity and performance. Ultimately, its up to the community to decide. (For that matter, parking by classification is completely up to the driver.) If ‘exotic’ remains a dedicated section -- under the same or even a new name – it will depend on feedback. On March 31, it provided sufficient space for the trailered Ferrari 360 Challenge.

For Facebook users, here's the official group page ... https://www.facebook.com/groups/Hunt.Valley.Cars.Coffee/ . This would be the link to pass forward to friends that are known Facebook users. For those in the group that are not Facebook users, here's a page can be viewed without Facebook membership ... https://www.facebook.com/events/240314176055770/ .

If you have friends, co-workers, business partners, neighbors, etc. that are auto enthusiasts, spread the word. If you are aware of people that would desire to be added to the Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee distribution list, please send me a note and I'll make it happen. We're continuing to form a new community so make your mark. There was an incredible showing for March 31. Let’s keep the wheels rolling. See you tomorrow!

Wishing you all the best,

Rich "Will" Williams
Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee

Hunt Valley C&C
RUSTY MUSTANG
RUSTY MUSTANG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunt Valley C&C Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:21 pm

If you are not registered on Facebook, you can view the Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee Event Page without membership. For Facebook members, check the Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee Group Page.

We hope to see you there!

Rich "Will" Williams

Hunt Valley C&C
RUSTY MUSTANG
RUSTY MUSTANG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunt Valley C&C Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:43 pm

Friends,

We’re in the throes of spring. 80’s to 40’s. Beautiful, warm sun to chilly rains. Unlike the weather, our love for cars doesn’t change. The objects of our auto-affection may change but the love remains. The weather is holding strong for Saturday morning. Through the morning hours, expect mostly cloudy skies and temps in the upper 40's. Now that's good weather for coffee. When cars breathe cooler air, its also better for performance. Double bonus.

Through 3 events, the transition from the arrival of numerous manufacturer caravans to a more accurate level of participation has been made. The first 2 events featured rows of similar vehicles while the 3rd brought true, individual variety...and more of the expected look of our gatherings as we move forward. With an increase in manufacturer-specific activity through the warmer months, we'll see less of the caravans but we'll certainly host them from time to time. Among the showstoppers on April 14 were a '66 Ferrari 275 GTS Pininfarina, a BMW Isetta, a Triumph TR3B, a DeSoto Adventurer and a De Tomaso Pantera. Impressive vehicles and impressive people resulted in a memorable gathering.

When the Saturday morning merits, bring your classic, exotic, luxury or modded cars. Bring your family and friends. Bring your cameras. The official event time is 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Arrive at your leisure...for its the weekend after all. Pick up your coffee from Caribou Coffee, Panera Bread or Chick-fil-A and settle into your parking space in the Best Buy parking lot. If unfamiliar with the general parking layout, please refer to the attached graphic. I hope to see you there!

The map is expandable to the south as needed...
Inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - March 31 - Page 2 ParkingMap4-28-12

If you are a Facebook user, check the following link and request an invite … https://www.facebook.com/groups/Hunt.Valley.Cars.Coffee/ . Right now, there are over 560 people that are linked to the event through Facebook. If you choose to generally resist Facebook, you may quickly view the following link for news without membership ... https://www.facebook.com/events/240314176055770/ .

Here's a few closing notes on other upcoming events...

Tomorrow (as well as every 4th Friday of the month), check out Motor Menders Rod & Custom Club Cruise Nights! From 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., you'll see hundreds of custom vehicles on display at this free event. Rain dates, if necessary, will be the following Friday. The PA Dutch Market's address is 12025 Susquehanna Trail in Glen Rock, PA. I'll be checking out the classics and spreading the word about our event. If it fits your schedule, I hope to see you there!

Here's a reminder for Maserati, Ferrari, Lamborghini and Alfa Romeo owners. In the planning stage for Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee, I visited Richard Garre from Radcliffe Motorcars in Reisterstown. Richard and his team have the knowledge and passion that is critical to be highly-trusted service providers. Check http://www.rmccar.com/vintageferrarievent.html for details on the 5th Annual Vintage Ferrari All Italian Car Event. Its set for May 5 and gates open at 9 a.m. The Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee All Italians crew has the option of meeting early at Hunt Valley Towne Centre then taking the cruise to Reisterstown to see these truly special and treasured vehicles.

Spread the word about all of the events. We hope to see you at Hunt Valley Towne Centre on Saturday morning!

Sincerely,

Rich "Will" Williams
Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee
Hunt Valley Towne Centre
118 Shawan Road
Sparks, MD

Hunt Valley C&C
RUSTY MUSTANG
RUSTY MUSTANG

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethelism Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:46 am

If I'm venturing out this week, it will be to the College Park show.
Bethelism
Bethelism
Grand Poobet
Grand Poobet

Number of posts : 1724
Registration date : 2008-12-30

http://www.bethelism.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunt Valley C&C Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:49 pm

The yearly event in College Park literally has thousands of cars and should be a worthy time.

Hunt Valley C&C
RUSTY MUSTANG
RUSTY MUSTANG

Back to top Go down

Post by svtwin73 Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:49 am

I went one year when they had it at the college, it was packed. There had to be over a 1000 cars there.
svtwin73
svtwin73
BOSS
BOSS

Back to top Go down

Post by rgoddard Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:53 am

I will be heading down to the college park show as well. Anyone meeting up for this?
rgoddard
rgoddard
BOSS
BOSS

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunt Valley C&C Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:32 am

Upon an early arrival at Hunt Valley Towne Centre, it was a nice surprise to see the crew headed to Hershey for Castaway Critters. Seeing the crew off at 7:15 left me a few minutes to chat with the crew and to see some fine automobiles.

Since the early crew for Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee overlapped with the Hershey Pre-Meet, it allowed for some out-of-the-box action and we so we parked outside of the designated area. It had to lead to some quizzical moments for the arrivals but everyone figured it out easily. Cone mutiny? :cool:

The first 3 pictures are from the early hours with the pre-meet and the remainder are from later action at Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee. These are a few of my pictures. Other attendees had better timing to capture others in the group. Enjoy.

Inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - March 31 - Page 2 578760_3643610285391_1128379956_3479047_586037791_n

Inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - March 31 - Page 2 563261_3643616685551_1128379956_3479059_442798826_n

Inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - March 31 - Page 2 380675_3643615405519_1128379956_3479056_1937347781_n

Inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - March 31 - Page 2 575325_3643604365243_1128379956_3479036_799243314_n

Inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - March 31 - Page 2 552972_3643603725227_1128379956_3479035_407636003_n

Inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - March 31 - Page 2 542959_3643607805329_1128379956_3479042_857720582_n

Inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - March 31 - Page 2 536072_3643608605349_1128379956_3479043_785361110_n

Inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - March 31 - Page 2 575155_3643604965258_1128379956_3479037_572773831_n

Inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - March 31 - Page 2 538829_3643605445270_1128379956_3479038_51014945_n

Inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - March 31 - Page 2 549415_3643618525597_1128379956_3479063_1704827077_n

Inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - March 31 - Page 2 535782_3643606805304_1128379956_3479041_1754784809_n

Inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - March 31 - Page 2 533072_3643611045410_1128379956_3479048_787076867_n

Inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - March 31 - Page 2 74746_3643614805504_1128379956_3479055_13037221_n

Inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - March 31 - Page 2 564183_3643621005659_1128379956_3479069_1954839463_n

Inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - March 31 - Page 2 523049_3643622445695_1128379956_3479073_1425317486_n

Inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - March 31 - Page 2 536415_3643609325367_1128379956_3479045_60081330_n

Inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - March 31 - Page 2 578488_3643609725377_1128379956_3479046_348898231_n

Inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - March 31 - Page 2 148900_3643611845430_1128379956_3479050_2107200980_n

Inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - March 31 - Page 2 525527_3643619965633_1128379956_3479067_1995751654_n

Inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - March 31 - Page 2 403379_3643620445645_1128379956_3479068_1080555011_n

Inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - March 31 - Page 2 534954_3643621725677_1128379956_3479072_920466185_n

Inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - March 31 - Page 2 533125_3643612525447_1128379956_3479051_1652973197_n

Inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - March 31 - Page 2 522752_3643613365468_1128379956_3479053_1876649029_n

Inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - March 31 - Page 2 398997_3643614205489_1128379956_3479054_1786997035_n

Inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - March 31 - Page 2 403459_3643619605624_1128379956_3479066_2058986363_n

Inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - March 31 - Page 2 538918_3643621405669_1128379956_3479071_1248697026_n

Inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - March 31 - Page 2 534940_3643611445420_1128379956_3479049_1592024756_n

Inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - March 31 - Page 2 577685_3643617845580_1128379956_3479061_853161251_n

Hunt Valley C&C
RUSTY MUSTANG
RUSTY MUSTANG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next