Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have a friend in need of Tuner help.

5 posters

Go down

I have a friend in need of Tuner help. Empty I have a friend in need of Tuner help.

Post by rgoddard Tue May 01, 2012 7:36 am

I know this doesn't belong on our forum but I have a buddy in need. He just bought a '12 Lancer Evo X and wants to put a new bottom end and drop that baby turbo for a much larger one. He and myself are new to Evos. Anyone have any friends that run cars like this? He is looking for a tuner that is reputable. I know JJ did great work for me but I don't know if he does a lot with cars like that. I haven't ever seen an import at his place. Thanks for your help if you know anything.
rgoddard
rgoddard
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2011-08-30

Back to top Go down

I have a friend in need of Tuner help. Empty Re: I have a friend in need of Tuner help.

Post by LXStangFiveOh Tue May 01, 2012 8:24 am

I haven't used any Evo shops personally. That being said...

This one looks like it is reputable
http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37031

And maybe this one
http://ucsperformance.com/?pg=about
LXStangFiveOh
LXStangFiveOh
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2011-12-20

Back to top Go down

I have a friend in need of Tuner help. Empty Re: I have a friend in need of Tuner help.

Post by 05RedDevil Tue May 01, 2012 9:49 am

My friend has an Evo 9 MR which has a built engine with ported heads and new turbo that is putting down 460 AWHP. The shop he uses is in MD. It is CBRD. They're quality.

I also have a buddy with a twin turbo G35 that has fully built engine. I forget which shop he uses for tuning
05RedDevil
05RedDevil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by rgoddard Tue May 01, 2012 10:31 am

Thanks Guys! I will let him know. Since its a new car he wants to make sure its in good hands.
rgoddard
rgoddard
BOSS
BOSS

Back to top Go down

Post by etc1006 Tue May 01, 2012 10:56 pm

There used to be a place up around Finksburg/Westminster IIRC, too. On 140 IIRC....
etc1006
etc1006
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by LXStangFiveOh Wed May 02, 2012 8:13 am

etc1006 wrote:There used to be a place up around Finksburg/Westminster IIRC, too. On 140 IIRC....

They used to be called EIP Tuning and they treated customers terribly. Now it is IAG Performance and they specialize in Subaru, but also work on Mitsubishi and Mazda. I don't know if it's the same crew as EIP or if they're all new, but EIP was AWFUL.

LXStangFiveOh
LXStangFiveOh
MACH 1
MACH 1

Back to top Go down

Post by rgoddard Wed May 02, 2012 8:41 am

Yeah actaully IAG showed up at the College park show with a tractor trailer full of cars and setup right in the parking lot. I did't pay any mind to them cause at the time i really didn't care to look at the ugly WRX's they had sitting around.
rgoddard
rgoddard
BOSS
BOSS

Back to top Go down

Post by 05RedDevil Wed May 02, 2012 1:52 pm

I'm going to push for CBRD again. They're shop is clean and they do quality work and specialize in Evo's
05RedDevil
05RedDevil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by LXStangFiveOh Wed May 02, 2012 2:14 pm

Sounds like the place to go I have a friend in need of Tuner help. 10498
LXStangFiveOh
LXStangFiveOh
MACH 1
MACH 1

Back to top Go down

Post by rgoddard Wed May 02, 2012 6:06 pm

I talked to him and it sounds like he is going to make a trip to CBRD this weekend to have them look at his car.
rgoddard
rgoddard
BOSS
BOSS

Back to top Go down

Post by svtwin73 Wed May 02, 2012 6:52 pm

There's a place in Gaithersburg, forget the name
svtwin73
svtwin73
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by etc1006 Wed May 02, 2012 10:39 pm

LXStangFiveOh wrote:
etc1006 wrote:There used to be a place up around Finksburg/Westminster IIRC, too. On 140 IIRC....

They used to be called EIP Tuning and they treated customers terribly. Now it is IAG Performance and they specialize in Subaru, but also work on Mitsubishi and Mazda. I don't know if it's the same crew as EIP or if they're all new, but EIP was AWFUL.

Yeah that was them. I know at one time they were great. My stepbrother used them for tuning his GTI, and also took customers cars there from his shop for tuning when he did upgrades. I do remember he had some problems towards the end with a customers car and his wifes Jetta.
etc1006
etc1006
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down