Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well... I finally pulled the trigger...

+4
05RedDevil
Croft
Big-B
TT_05_Stang
8 posters

Go down

Well... I finally pulled the trigger... Empty Well... I finally pulled the trigger...

Post by TT_05_Stang Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:35 pm

Today on the way to work I feel one of the rear tires is loosing air. I get to work and sure enough I have a nail in it. I was hoping I wouldnt need to buy tires till January... but... this put a monkey wrench in that plan. I didnt have but 1/8" tread anyways... So I started looking for some drag radials...

I then ran into the problem of those damn 8" rims... to get the tire combo I needed, it was going to cost me 600 for just two tires...

Then I started looking at other options... New rims... I am happy and sad at the same time to say that I purchased new rims and tires... and they are supposed to be here by next week. I'm happy to get new rims and tires... but dag on it... did they have to cost soo much??? I hate putting things on the credit card without being able to pay it off that month... Oh well...

Anyways I purchased 18x9 and 18x10 Shelby Redlines in Anthracite, with Nitto 555R 305/45/18s for the rear and Nitto 555 265/50/18's for the front. Hopefully they will be in for the cruise next week...

Will
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5329
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Well... I finally pulled the trigger... Empty Re: Well... I finally pulled the trigger...

Post by Big-B Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:43 pm

Nice Will, congrats!! Although, w/ the power you're making if you're gonna use these for the track I think I would have gone w/ a much stickier tire.
Big-B
Big-B
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 6053

Back to top Go down

Well... I finally pulled the trigger... Empty Re: Well... I finally pulled the trigger...

Post by TT_05_Stang Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:50 pm

I wanted MT's but they dodnt make an 18 with any sidewall. so I got the next best. a 28" Nitto drag radial...

Will
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Big-B Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:14 pm

Gotcha
Big-B
Big-B
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 6053

Back to top Go down

Post by Croft Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:39 pm

Word.....cant wait to see them!!
Croft
Croft
Cruise Director
Cruise Director

Number of posts : 4206
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by 05RedDevil Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:00 pm

Sounds like a winning combination. I'm also trying to hold off on new tires until the spring. Hope I have a little better luck, lol.
05RedDevil
05RedDevil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by TT_05_Stang Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:29 am

Just got a call from CJ Pony Parts... and they shipped today!!!! Cant wait to open the boxes and put them on!!!
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pikuoff Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:58 am

Waiting is always the worst part...do you think they will be here for Sunday?
pikuoff
pikuoff
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 3597
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by TT_05_Stang Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:03 pm

pikuoff wrote:Waiting is always the worst part...do you think they will be here for Sunday?

They said it takes one day shipping from PA to me... So I hope so Smile
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pikuoff Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:19 pm

CJ Pony Parts and American Muscle are usually pretty quick with their shipping. I got my new wheels and tires 2 days after I ordered them Smile
pikuoff
pikuoff
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueStang07-Eddie Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:59 pm

As for me I ordered new tires from tirerack.com and I got them with in 2 days plus I bought rims from ebay as well here are the pics enjoy. .P255/45ZR-18 Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar, I went with that tire so that it wouldn't throw off my speedometer so when I go back to the stock set, I'll have no issues. With The fanblades I'll have them on for the cruise then they'll comr off and i'll put on my stock ones back on once Nov 1st comes along which will be the last cruise for me up north.

Well... I finally pulled the trigger... IMG_3092
Well... I finally pulled the trigger... IMG_3100
BlueStang07-Eddie
BlueStang07-Eddie
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by TT_05_Stang Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:38 pm

Yep no worries with the speedometer. I can change the speedometer with my handheld tuner. So much easier than changnig out the speedo gear in my fox Smile

Will
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SVT_N8 Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:31 am

i love the redlines! they are probably my next set of wheels but in black. congrats!
SVT_N8
SVT_N8
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4102
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by TT_05_Stang Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:40 am

So I put the new rims and Tires on tonight... and... well... I really like the rear tires. They hook like nothing else once they get hot. 1st gear is still pretty worthless at WOT but now I can launch it at 3k, and ease into half throttle. Second now is a rocket ship, I can pretty much go WOT in second. And third I dont get any slip. I am sure if I heat them up a bit at the track they will stick pretty good in 1st.

Now to the bad part... My reasoning with going with 265/50's up front was onlly to have .5 inch rake forward. Well on a full turn I get a little inside rub Sad. Second issue is now the car has a slight 4x4 look to me. But measuring it, its actually at stock ride height to the rocker pannels. I have had a new set of Eibach Pro's sitting at the garage waiting to go on... I know the lowered springs will work on the rear, but I am worried about the front. I am wondering if it will make the rub worse, or do something else I dont want it to do.

Handling is actually better than the BFG KDW that I had on it before, and its actually less road noise. I have exactly 1.5 inches between the tire and the fender lip all the way around. One other thing I noticed is that the driver side sticks out from the fender about 1/4 inch, and the passenger side is sucked under about 1/2 inch, so it looks like I need an adjustable panhard bar to correct the centering of the rear end.

I had a few people say that they liked the way it sat without lowering it... but I guess I am just used to how the car sat before, and liked it.

Will
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pikuoff Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 am

I know we will see them this weekend but...
This thread is worthless without pics...

Well... I finally pulled the trigger... 872437 Well... I finally pulled the trigger... 129957

lol!
pikuoff
pikuoff
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by TT_05_Stang Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:04 am

I'll snap some in a few. My camera batteries died Sad need to find some AA's
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TT_05_Stang Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:00 am

Ok so here is some quick shots... Car is dirty... but you can get the idea...

Well... I finally pulled the trigger... IMG_0911
Well... I finally pulled the trigger... IMG_0913
Well... I finally pulled the trigger... IMG_0912
Well... I finally pulled the trigger... IMG_0910
Well... I finally pulled the trigger... IMG_0909
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pikuoff Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:30 am

Those look sweet!
I don't think it looks like a 4x4 at all, but this is coming from someone who's car came with about 6 inches of clearance from the factory.
pikuoff
pikuoff
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by wecircletheproblem Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:37 pm

+1 paint them calipers!
wecircletheproblem
wecircletheproblem
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts : 743
Registration date : 2007-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down