Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

texting and driving,,but isnt the ass with the camera just as bad?

+7
Henny Penny
kooldawg6
Croft
03ranger30
Dominican7
Great White
Grafxguy.com
11 posters

Go down

texting and driving,,but isnt the ass with the camera just as bad? Empty texting and driving,,but isnt the ass with the camera just as bad?

Post by Grafxguy.com Tue May 31, 2011 12:50 pm

Grafxguy.com
Grafxguy.com
GT
GT

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2010-04-01

http://centralmdmustangs.com

Back to top Go down

texting and driving,,but isnt the ass with the camera just as bad? Empty Re: texting and driving,,but isnt the ass with the camera just as bad?

Post by Great White Tue May 31, 2011 1:26 pm

It is just as bad, however I believe that the guy video taping was only doing it to catch the carnage that was inevitable! I would hope that everyone who see's this video would consider not texting and driving.

In all honesty I would prefer being on the road with a drunk driver vs teenager texting! at least the drunk driver is doing all he/she can to focus on the road.
Great White
Great White
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 2514
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

texting and driving,,but isnt the ass with the camera just as bad? Empty Re: texting and driving,,but isnt the ass with the camera just as bad?

Post by Dominican7 Tue May 31, 2011 2:16 pm

Don't Text and Drive...

Dominican7
Dominican7
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 2023
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by 03ranger30 Tue May 31, 2011 4:21 pm

^damn, I could never do that to my parents
03ranger30
03ranger30
GT
GT

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2011-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Tue May 31, 2011 6:13 pm

03ranger30 wrote:^damn, I could never do that to my parents

A text message can wait till you get to your destination or at a stop light. It only takes a few seconds for all hell to brake loose, and it's a shame this happens to so many youth.
Great White
Great White
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by Croft Tue May 31, 2011 8:46 pm

Looks like the van I was behind on the way home the other night. I ended up calling the cops, but I have no idea if they ever caught them or even dispatched anyone.
Croft
Croft
Cruise Director
Cruise Director

Number of posts : 4206
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Tue May 31, 2011 10:42 pm

This is a serious issue, that needs to be strictly enforced. The world used to be a simpler place to live in! I appreciate the new fangeled technology, but in all honesty all we used to have to worry about as far as distractions was the sun in our eyes or at night when raining, now its some dumbass that pays more attention to a random text and putting us all at risk! One of my friends was hit in OC 2 weekends ago because the cell phone was more important, than paying attention and driving safely! Sorry if its an old man rant, but this is unacceptable that more people are dying because of distracted driving over drunk driving!
Great White
Great White
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by kooldawg6 Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:19 pm

The driver taking video puts himself directly in that same category! Unless he actually saw them texting, how does he know that is in fact what they were doing??? As James stated, there is way too much distracted driving of all kinds going on! Texting, reading, eating, makeup, shaving, messing with something in the car... The list is nearly endless!

I admit that I am SUPER guilty of the above and quite fortunate that nothing bad has ever come about from it! Do I know it's wrong??? Yes! Has it stopped me??? No! I do believe that from this moment on however that I will wait until at a complete stop for a minute or two or until I'm no longer driving on the roadway to read or send a text message! I know that I could not handle something going deathly wrong as an action of that impatient stupidity...
kooldawg6
kooldawg6
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4896
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Henny Penny Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:54 am

Amen to "impatient stupidity"...guilty here.
Henny Penny
Henny Penny
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1319
Registration date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Blue Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:27 am

the thing that gets me is, while not a great idea ether, if you get a text, and you just got to talk to that person, call them, at least then your still watching the road, I cant remember the exact statistics, but at 55 mph you wont believe the distance that you travel in just 1 second of time, but its enough to go from a safe fallowing distance to hitting a car or person.
Big Blue
Big Blue
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2007-09-19

http://www.mdpatriotstangs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Big-B Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:13 pm

WOW, that guy was a dumb ass. Instead of calling the cops while following him, he waits for the accident which clearly was inevitable from the drivers actions. Driver was probably drunk. Yeah so when he shows the video to the cops, I hope the arrest him for being an idiot!!! COP; "and the reason you didn't call 911 was.......?" Idiot; :well, cuz I'm an idiot!!"
Big-B
Big-B
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 6053
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by kooldawg6 Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:11 pm

Big Blue wrote:I cant remember the exact statistics, but at 55 mph you wont believe the distance that you travel in just 1 second of time, but its enough to go from a safe fallowing distance to hitting a car or person.
55 mph = 81 ft/sec
That is about the equivalent to 4-6 avg vehicle lengths!
kooldawg6
kooldawg6
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4896
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Mike226 Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:16 pm

To almost lose 3- 4 times cant believe he was texting think I he was drunk. Dont understand the whole text thing anyway if important just call.
Big Mike226
Big Mike226
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Grafxguy.com Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:22 pm

I read another article that said the driver was texting, dropped his phone, tried to retrieve it, then lost control and a good part of the video is him trying to regain control of the car and failing miserably to do so.
Grafxguy.com
Grafxguy.com
GT
GT

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2010-04-01

http://centralmdmustangs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Big-B Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:55 am

Big-B
Big-B
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 6053
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by mjr46 Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:17 pm

retard texter...lock him up and throw the key away or cut all his fingers off so he can never text and drive again

mjr46
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 649
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Henny Penny Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:06 am

mjr46 wrote:retard texter...lock him up and throw the key away or cut all his fingers off so he can never text and drive again
Then continue to send him messages. texting and driving,,but isnt the ass with the camera just as bad? 878392
Henny Penny
Henny Penny
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Back to top Go down

Post by Henny Penny Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:22 am

While on our way to Wildwood NJ this weekend, Honey Bunny made a new friend with a "JerseyGirl" that was "texting" on route 40 across southern Jersey. At that point it was just a 2 lane road outside of Woodstown, as i was passing her, H.B. commented to her about her driving skills and something about her family heritage. The female driver responded by tring to catch up and pass not only us but 2 others that were fortunate enough to get by. She eventully turned off into Cowtown (go figure) and hopefully got kicked by a horse. It was then that i mentioned to H.B. about this thread.
Henny Penny
Henny Penny
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down